SHIFT is looking for a new CEO
SHIFT Business Festival is an event medium, which brings together C-level decision-makers, business developers, and tech-heads from growth companies across the board. The highlight of the year is a two-day business festival in Turku, Finland. We encourage and support our festival attendees and partners to find their competitive advantage in new technology applications and sustainable business. Our company is based in Turku and is the most important business event in the region and a solid actor in the local business ecosystem.
The event industry is going through drastic changes and we want to make SHIFT match the challenges of the future. You have an opportunity to leave your mark and take us to the next level of growth. Companies we have worked with over the years include some of the top companies in the world and we are looking for further international growth in the upcoming years.
We are looking for a Chief Executive Officer to create the story further.
As CEO you will be the face and voice of SHIFT. Your role is to lead SHIFT’s strategic work as well as operative leadership of the organization. To be successful in this position, you need to be passionate to help sustainable growth in companies big and small. You might have a background in various positions, like sales, marketing, or account management. This could be your chance to get working closer with the next big companies and/or your first ever C-level position. We expect a vision for the future and the ability to make it happen.
The SHIFT team is an effective and dynamic entity with an open and transparent working culture. We respect the diversity of opinions and constructive feedback. As CEO, you will also be supported and work in close collaboration with the board of directors. You will lead SHIFT’s vision and profitably manage the overall project.
In addition, your main tasks will include:
- Leading the company’s business operations, resources, and operational team.
- Managing the company’s finances and financial planning.
- Developing the festival concept with SHIFT’s executive team.
- Negotiating partnerships and working in close collaboration with our company partners, exhibitors, and other related networks.
- Working closely with the Turku ecosystem.
You are our ideal candidate if you have
- Experience with leading business operations and team leadership skills
- Experience with strategic leadership and managing complex projects.
- Background and/or a demonstrated interest in the following fields: business development, sustainable business, technology, or future studies
- Understanding of the event industry – both large-scale on-site productions, virtual and hybrid event productions.
- Understanding business drivers and challenges of companies.
- Experience in sales and a customer- and sales-oriented approach.
- Creative mindset and ability to take independent decisions in a hectic environment.
- International and future-oriented mindset.
Successful applicants hold relevant work experience as well as a professional working proficiency in English. We also expect willingness and ability to occasionally travel abroad. SHIFT headquarters is in Turku, Finland, and part of the team is currently working in Helsinki.
Send your application as soon as possible, but on the 16th of January 2022 at the latest. The handover period starts in early February 2022. Please note that the position can be filled as soon as we find the right candidate.
If you want more information or have any questions before submitting your application, please reach out to our Chairperson of the board, Joonas Suominen (firstname.lastname@example.org), or COO Juha Laurila at +358 45 310 0513.
Leave your application with your salary request and resume to email@example.com.
Headline your email with “SHIFT CEO”.