SHIFT is looking for a new Head of Program and Event Experience
Apply by 31 January
SHIFT is a community of growth and change oriented people and ideas. Annually we host a two-day Business Festival, which brings together innovators and decision-makers in a unique festival atmosphere in the heart of Turku Business Region. We enable and encourage our partners to find their competitive advantage by decreasing hindsight and uncertainty and by increasing trust, responsibility and sense of community. The work is done in close collaboration with a network of national and international community impact organizations and partners who are willing to challenge the status quo.
We are now looking for a key-player to level up the game and create the story further.
As the Head of Program and Event Experience, you will get to lead a growing international business event and to develop the concept to better serve the community. The work is done together with the executive team. You are responsible for planning and executing the program and event experience of SHIFT Business Festival. In addition to this, you get to develop new events and activities throughout the year. Executing these tasks successfully requires strong strategic thinking and the ability to turn vision into reality.
Your main tasks will include:
- Developing the festival concept together with the SHIFT executive team
- Planning the program structure and curating the content
- Designing the on-site and/or a virtual festival experience
- Booking the speakers and other program partners (e.g. artists, DJs)
- Negotiating partnerships regarding the event experience
- Working in close collaboration with our company partners, exhibitors and other related networks
- Leading the program production team
- Leading production and construction of the main festival with our Production Manager
- Creating, planning and producing new event activities throughout the year
What we expect from you:
- Background and/or a demonstrated interest in the following fields: business development, technology, artificial intelligence, deep technology, sustainable business, future studies, and event industry – both virtual and on-site
- Understanding business drivers and challenges of growing companies
- International and future-oriented mindset
- Customer- and sales-oriented approach
- Ability to lead a team and manage complex projects
- Creative mindset and ability to take independent decisions in a hectic environment
Successful applicants hold a Degree in a relevant field of studies, or have a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience as well as professional working proficiency in English. We are working remotely for the time being, but as soon as the COVID-19 situation allows, weekly presence in the City of Turku is requested. We also expect willingness and ability to occasionally travel abroad.
Please send your application, resume and salary request to COO Juha Laurila, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want more information or have any questions before submitting your application, Juha at +358 45 310 0513 during these time slots:
- Wednesday 20 Jan during 13:00-15:00
- Wednesday 27 Jan during 13:00-15:00
- Thursday 28 Jan during 13:00-15:00
Application period is open until 31 January 2021. Interviews will take place 1.-12. February 2021.
We expect you to start in the beginning of March or as soon as possible.
For further info, contact: